Types of Information We Collect & Use of Information
- When you sign up for access to the BrowserJet Product, there is a signup form, which collects various information, which may include the following:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Account password
- Email preferences
Some of the items listed above are optional and additional information may be requested in the future.
- BrowserJet collects billing and credit card information. This information is used solely to complete the purchase of the license for you to use the BrowserJet Product.
- BrowserJet collects electronic communications with you, whether submitted on our contact form, survey, error report or otherwise. The information you send to us via these methods is optional. You can decide not to send this information if you prefer not to do so. For example, if you report an issue with BrowserJet, we may collect the following information from you:
- Browser code and signature Browser and OS version
- Extensions and version numbers that are installed.
- A list of open URLs
- User account information (name, email, license type)
- Hardware information
We use this information to assess error reports, provide better service and may also use this information for fraud prevention measures.
- When you visit the BrowserJet website and use the Product, we generally collect user statistics including IP addresses, usage patterns (such as time and duration of visits) and information about the browser and operating system the user uses. We use third party services, such as Hot Jar or Google Analytics, to track user actions and actively and passively collect information from our users. This information is used only for statistical purposes with the goal of improving user experience with our site and products.
More Information on Uses of Personal Information
- BrowserJet does not sell, rent or lease its customer’s information to third parties for commercial purposes.
- BrowserJet collects and uses your information to operate and improve the Product and your experience using the Product. We track frequency of engagement of certain features and use of the BrowserJet product in order to understand how our users are using BrowserJet and how we can improve the Product.
- BrowserJet may use your contact information to inform you about important information concerning our Product. Additionally, we may contact you for our other products and services.
- BrowserJet may share data with trusted third-party vendors to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, or provide customer support. BrowserJet may share your information with third parties who perform tasks required to complete a purchase transaction. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these Services, and they are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- BrowserJet may use various third-party web services to improve your browsing experience. You have the ability to turn off some of these services.
- We do not host advertisements on the BrowserJet Product. We may occasionally embed content from third party sites, such as YouTube, and that content may include ads. While we try to minimize the number of ads our embedded content contains, we cannot always control what third parties show.
- Information about our customers, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of BrowserJet’s business assets. In such an event, we will attempt to notify you before your personal information is transferred, but you may not have the right to opt out of any such transfer.
- BrowserJet may disclose personally-identifying information or other information we collect about you to law enforcement or other government authorities in response to a subpoena, court order, warrant, or similar government order. We also may disclose such information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property.
Security of your Personal Information
BrowserJet takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect our customers’ personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction; maintain data accuracy; and help ensure the appropriate use of personal information. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us credit card information and/or other sensitive information through email. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
Children Under Thirteen
BrowserJet does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use the BrowserJet Product.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving certain communications. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from BrowserJet by contacting us through any of the following methods:
Address: 919 North Market Street, Suites 950, Wilminston
Changes to this Policy
BrowserJet reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change this Policy. If we change the Policy in any material way, we will provide appropriate notice to you via email and by prominently posting such notice on the Product.
BrowserJet encourages you to periodically review the Policy to stay informed of our updates. Your continued use of the Product following posting of changes to this Policy will mean you accept these changes.